An MSI can be generated and installed by following the 4 steps below.
- Generate an MSI using this command BookshelfSetup.exe /s /x /b"<TARGET FOLDER>\BookshelfSetup-MSI" /v"/qn"
- Open a command window in administrative mode (open the start menu, type cmd, right click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator)
- Change to the directory that contains the MSI
- Run the following command "VitalSource Bookshelf.msi" /qn
12/20/2016 Update for Bookshelf Windows 7.1
Bookshelf 7.1 requires "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3". If it's not installed, the Bookshelf installer installs it for the user. Below are steps to extract an MSI from the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3" EXE.
- Download either 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 from here: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3
- Run the update EXE to install it.
- After installing it, open Windows Explorer and type this in the address bar C:\ProgramData\Package Cache and press enter.
- Open the folder that has a "Modified Date" as the same time as your installed the update in step 2.
- Click on the "packages" folder.
- Click on the "vcRuntimeMinimum_amd64" (or a similar folder name if you installed a 32-bit update)
- You should now see two files:
- vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi (or similar if you installed 32-bit)
- Use these two files as your MSI installer to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3".
When running the vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi MSI, if you get an error saying you have to run the EXE, try running the MSI at the command line with "ADDEPLOY=1" parameter: vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi ADDDEPLOY=1