- Bookshelf Online: Notifications coming to Bookshelf Online - May 21, 2018
- Bookshelf Online: Update your language more easily in Bookshelf Online - May 21, 2018
- Bookshelf 4.1 for Android Release Notes - February 5, 2018
- Bookshelf 4.1 for iOS Release Notes - February 5, 2018
- Bookshelf Online: Flashcards are coming to Bookshelf Online - 12/21/2017
- Bookshelf Mobile 4.0 Release Notes - November 13, 2017
- Bookshelf Online Fall 2017 Refresh - November 6th, 2017
- Bookshelf Online: Text me a link - October 13, 2017
- Bookshelf Online: Improvement to Sharing Notes and Highlights - July 31, 2017
- Bookshelf 7.6 (Windows) Release Notes
Wikipedia Look up in Bookshelf OnlineVitalSource is excited to announce that we have integrated Wikipedia search into the student reader. As a platform dedicated to student-centric learning, we strive to add new useful study tools to assist students in their comprehension of course materials better.
At VitalSource we are constantly in touch with our users to gain feedback on how we can improve the student learning experience. Recently we asked the question, “When you have a question while reading, what do you do most often?” 80% of students surveyed answered that they searched the internet. When we followed that question up with which site they were using, Wikipedia was one of the top three sites that students turned to when they did this internet search. To better facilitate this student study habit, we added a “Look up in Wikipedia” to Bookshelf.
When is this feature available?
Wikipedia Lookup is currently available on bookshelf.vitalsource.com, and we will be rolling Wikipedia Lookup out to school specific platforms beginning on February 3rd.
How do I use this feature?