- Bookshelf Online: Notifications coming to Bookshelf Online - May 21, 2018
- Bookshelf Online: Update your language more easily in Bookshelf Online - May 21, 2018
- Bookshelf 4.1 for Android Release Notes - February 5, 2018
- Bookshelf 4.1 for iOS Release Notes - February 5, 2018
- Bookshelf Online: Flashcards are coming to Bookshelf Online - 12/21/2017
- Bookshelf Mobile 4.0 Release Notes - November 13, 2017
- Bookshelf Online Fall 2017 Refresh - November 6th, 2017
- Bookshelf Online: Text me a link - October 13, 2017
- Bookshelf Online: Improvement to Sharing Notes and Highlights - July 31, 2017
- Bookshelf 7.6 (Windows) Release Notes
- View All Articles
New Sign-up Flow for Full Account Users
At VitalSource we are always in touch with our users. Customer support is part of our foundation, and we strive to learn from our user's ways to improve their experience. As a result of feedback from customer support, we have updated our sign-up flow to ensure a seamless account creation process.
What Account Creation? I never sign into Bookshelf!
Many of our users access Bookshelf through their learning management system and are never prompted
to create an account, or they have the option of skipping account creation. In those instances, nothing
will change for the user. Account creation will still be an option for those with that enabled and will
follow the exact same flow.
So, who is affected?
Users that log into Bookshelf or a branded instance of Bookshelf using a full account who create an account from the Bookshelf login screen.
How do I create an account using this flow? What changed.
New steps are below. The changes include removing an intermediary screen prompting for email entry, as this was moved to the sign-up page, and an added “confirm email field” or those accidental times we move too fast and mistype our email information.
When will this change occur?
March 28th, 2017
What does the new process look like?
Go to Bookshelf (this may be Bookshelf.Vitalsource.com or your custom URL)
- Click on Create an account
- Enter your account details
- Check the box agreeing to our terms and conditions and click create
- You are done! Note: If you already have an account, we will prompt you at this time to log into the pre-existing account or reset your password