- Bookshelf for Mac and Windows: Library Updates
- Remove all downloaded books from Bookshelf 8 (Mac/Windows)
- Bell Canada ISP Users: The Internet connection appears to be offline (macOS)
- Bookshelf for Mac + PC: Viewing your books by Collections
- Mac: How to make Bookshelf your default EPUB reader
- Searching in Bookshelf for Mac and Windows
- 500 Internal Server Error
- How do I add and view notes in my eBook from a desktop or laptop?
- Windows: Signing out of Bookshelf 6.5 and higher
- Mac: Signing out of Bookshelf 6.5 and higher
There are two different types of VitalSource eTextbooks. We have Reflowable text VitalBooks and Page-Fidelity VitalBooks. How you increase the font will vary slightly in each type of book.
Increasing the font size in a Reflowable eTextbook
The Reflowable books do not maintain the layout that a traditional bound book has, because the text is reflowable the font size can be easily adjusted no matter what the size of the screen.
Open the book
When reading a Reflowable eTextbook you will see a a Large Text and Smaller Text button in the tool bar of the reader window.
Toggle Font Size
To change the font size simply press the Larger Text or Smaller Text buttons to find a size that is good for you. (Note: This will adjust the font size for all of your reflow able textbooks.)
Close the Book
Once you pick the font size you like, Bookshelf will keep using that font size until it is changed.
* Note: These preferences apply only to the specific device you set them on.
Maximizing the font size in a Page-Fidelity eTextbook
The Page-Fidelity version of an eTextbook maintains the look at feel of a bound book, its text is fixed the screen size regulates the size of the text.
Open the Book
In a Page-Fidelity eTextbook, the text can be adjusted by the Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons
Maximize the Viewing Pane
To view a larger version of your book simply maximize the Book Reader window by pressing the Maximize button on a PC and the + button on a Mac.
Switch to Continuous View
Increase further by making sure you have selected Continuous View as your viewing preference.
Hide the Navigation
To allow even more viewing space once the book window has been maximized, click on the Hide Navigation button to give you the largest amount of screen size possible to view your book.