- Install Bookshelf 8 for Windows 10 without Microsoft Store Access
- How do I remove all downloaded books from Bookshelf 9 (Mac/Windows)
- Bell Canada ISP Users: The Internet connection appears to be offline (macOS)
- Bookshelf for Mac + PC: Viewing your books by Collections
- Bookshelf for Windows: Creating a Bookshelf MSI Installer
- Where are my books?
- Downloading your eTextbook
Downloading your eTextbook
*Note: Downloading your book from the server requires an active internet connection*
You will need to download your eTextbook to one of our VitalSource Bookshelf's eTextbooks to view on your computer. The file size of a textbook can range from a few MB to 1GB depending on the type of book, size of the book, and contents of the eTextbook. Once you have successfully downloaded the eTextbook to your computer, you do not need to be connected to the internet to view it again. VitalSource Bookshelf can pause and resume downloads. Speeds for downloading a VitalSource eTextbook will vary based on the size of book and internet connection.
**You can purchase a VitalSource eTextbook from the VitalSource Store or one of our partners. If you have a Redemption code, you will need to activate it before you can download your book.
How to download your eTextbook:
Downloading your Book:
- Open Bookshelf.
- The default view will be of the last book accessed as the main view, or if you have never used BookShelf the last book added to your account.
- To the right of that main book cover, there is an icon that says Download Book or Open Book.
- If you hover over the other book covers in your My Books, you will see an option to Download Book; you will have an option to Open Book if previously downloaded.
Update your Book List:
- Launch Bookshelf.
- Upon Launch of Bookshelf, Bookshelf will check to see if there have been any changes to your book list if this has occurred Bookshelf will ask if you would like to Update your Booklist.
- Press the Update Now button to update your Booklist.
- You can manually update your Book List by clicking on Update Library in the upper right of the Bookshelf window.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the US/Canada, please call: 1-855-200-4146
- In the UK, please call: +44 800 802 1506
- In Australia please call: +61 8 7111 3343