- Bookshelf for Mac and Windows: Library Updates
- Remove all downloaded books from Bookshelf 8 (Mac/Windows)
- Bell Canada ISP Users: The Internet connection appears to be offline (macOS)
- Bookshelf for Mac + PC: Viewing your books by Collections
- Mac: How to make Bookshelf your default EPUB reader
- Searching in Bookshelf for Mac and Windows
- 500 Internal Server Error
- How do I add and view notes in my eBook from a desktop or laptop?
- Windows: Signing out of Bookshelf 6.5 and higher
- Mac: Signing out of Bookshelf 6.5 and higher
Sharing Notes and Highlights on Windows and Mac
With VitalSource Bookshelf you can share your notes and highlights with your friends, classmates and students. It is also possible to subscribe to your friends notes and highlights.
* Note: Sharing a highlighter requires an active internet connection.
Sharing a Highlighter
Find the highlighter you wish to share
To share a highlighter find and select the highlighter you wish to share in the main Bookshelf window.
Turn on Shared Highlights
In the main Bookshelf window you will see sharing options to the right of where you just selected your highlighter. Put a checkmark in the Share this highlighter with: box.
Choose whom you share with
You have the option of sharing with specific friends or with Anyone. If you have a large list of people you wish to share this highlight with (example: a professor sharing with students) we recommend selecting Anyone. Selecting Friends Only requires you to add friends to your list.
* To view your highlights the person subscribing to you will need to have the same book in their book list.
Subscribing to a Friend's Highlighter
Press the Subscribe button
In the main Bookshelf window select the Subscribe button on the bottom right under your highlighters.
Enter your friend's email address
To subscribe to a friend, professor, or colleague you will need to know the email address they used to register their account in Bookshelf. Type in the email address in the appropriate location and click Subscribe.
Viewing your friend's highlights
Your friend's highlights will show up underneath your own.