- Maintenance Window - 3/10/2018
- Configuring your firewall for use with VitalSource
- Spectre and Meltdown Vulnerabilities
- Removal of Support for DHE and 3DES-based SSL Ciphers
- Publisher Support Requests
- Subscribing to VitalSource System Alerts
- VitalSource EPUB 3 Implementation Guide
- VitalSource Response to Heartbleed SSL Bug
Recently a new computer security flaw, the "heartbleed" bug, has received much notoriety. This is a vulnerability in OpenSSL, which could enable remote attackers to access sensitive data including passwords and secret keys.
Ingram Content Group, VitalSource and CourseSmart take very seriously its obligation to protect and secure information provided to us by our customers. In addition to deploying our standard security procedures and technologies, when notable exploits are publicized, we want to make sure you know how these might affect any interactions you may have with our company.
Our web portals were not affected by this vulnerability as we were not on a vulnerable version of the OpenSSL software. We also conducted a comprehensive review of all our Internet facing systems in light of this recent discovery. From each of these steps, we are confident that the "heartbleed" bug will not compromise our customer's data.