- How to Access eResources
- Accessing your eTextbook through the Altierus Online Classroom
- I can not log into my Altierus student portal
- 204 Error - This eTextbook is not available on your account
- How can you access your textbook?
- How do I access the offline or downloadable version of my eTextbook?
- How to reset your VitalSource Password
- How do I use Bookshelf?
- Why are eTextbooks missing from my Bookshelf?
- What if I am missing eTextbooks from my iOS or Android App?
You have several options for accessing your eTextbook.
- Viewing your eTextbooks through a browser with Bookshelf Online
- Downloading your eTextbooks to your Mac + PC
- Downloading your eTextbooks to you iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Smart phone + tablet, and Kindle fire.
To download your eTextbooks to your computer and smart phones/tablets you will need to Complete your account in Bookshelf Online.
Using Bookshelf Online to read your eTextbooks.
- Login via your school's web site
- Go to the online classroom for your course
- Click on the eTextbook link and a new window will open with your eTextbook.
Completing a VitalSource User account
Before you can use Bookshelf on your computer, smart phone, or tablet; you will need to complete your account.
To complete an account:
- Before you access your eTextbook, Bookshelf Online will present a screen asking you to sign in, create an account, or skip this step.
- If you already have a VitalSource account, enter your Email address and password used for VitalSource. Otherwise, click on Create an Account and fill out the registration form in full, use and an email address and password you will remember.
- Once registered, you will now be able to download and install Bookshelf on any of our support platforms and download your eTextbooks for offline reading.
Using Bookshelf to read your eTextbooks
- You will use your email address and password that you used to complete your account - If you updated your account, use the account information located in the My Accounts button in the online bookshelf.
- Go to www.vitalsource.com/download - to download the bookshelf application for your computer or mobile device.
- After installing Bookshelf, open Bookshelf and sign in with your email and password. After you download your eTextbooks, you will not need to be online to read your eTextbooks.
Should you need help, please contact support