- Bookshelf for Mac and Windows: Library Updates
- Remove all downloaded books from Bookshelf 8 (Mac/Windows)
- Bell Canada ISP Users: The Internet connection appears to be offline (macOS)
- Bookshelf for Mac + PC: Viewing your books by Collections
- Mac: How to make Bookshelf your default EPUB reader
- Searching in Bookshelf for Mac and Windows
- 500 Internal Server Error
- How do I add and view notes in my eBook from a desktop or laptop?
- Windows: Signing out of Bookshelf 6.5 and higher
- Mac: Signing out of Bookshelf 6.5 and higher
A 500 Internal Server Error is typically seen when Bookshelf for Mac or PC is unable to update your license file. Following the steps below should resolve this error:
Step 1 - Sign out of and quit Bookshelf
- Click on Account > My Account and copy the email address you are using for Bookshelf.
- Log out of Bookshelf by clicking on Account Menu and choosing Sign Out…
- Once you have confirmed that you want to sign out of Bookshelf, Quit Bookshelf.
Step 2 - Change your password
- Follow the steps listed here to reset your password, use the email address you copied from step 1.
- Please change it something with at least 8 characters, 1 number, and all lower case.
Step 3 - Sign back into Bookshelf
- Open Bookshelf
- Sign in with your email address, from Step 1 and updated password from Step 2.
If the steps above do not resolve your issue, please contact Vitalsource Support.