- Heath Science Students FAQ
- Maintenance Window - 3/10/2018
- Configuring your firewall for use with VitalSource
- Spectre and Meltdown Vulnerabilities
- Removal of Support for DHE and 3DES-based SSL Ciphers
- Publisher Support Requests
- Subscribing to VitalSource System Alerts
- VitalSource EPUB 3 Implementation Guide
- VitalSource Metadata Submission Guidelines
- VitalSource Response to Heartbleed SSL Bug
This Metadata Template is designed for clients who do not have an ONIX solution for their products. The template can be used for eBooks, print books, and audio books.
This guide not only provides instruction as to how to populate particular metadata elements but also points to those as being required in order to provide an optimal user experience and consumption of your content in VitalSource Bookshelf. Submitting metadata as specified within this guide ensures that our mutual customers have a complete metadata record, regardless of where the content is purchased. At present, content can be made available through both B2B and B2C channels. Complete metadata can also help drive adoptions of your content as it is made available in the VitalSource Educators Portal for evaluation purposes by faculty. Certain metadata elements also ensure certain tools in Bookshelf function as expected such as the citation tool for credit attribution. The VitalSource content operations team can provide additional information as needed.