- Attention Cengage Unlimited and Brain Users
- Maintenance Window - 3/10/2018
- Spectre and Meltdown Vulnerabilities
- Removal of Support for DHE and 3DES-based SSL Ciphers
- Publisher Support Requests
- Subscribing to VitalSource System Alerts
- VitalSource EPUB 3 Implementation Guide
- VitalSource Response to Heartbleed SSL Bug
This guide provides instructions for designing EPUB 3 publications compliant with the VitalSource Bookshelf reading system. Proper design and configuration allows you to upload files to Bookshelf correctly the first time, reducing errors and rework that can prevent timely distribution of your titles. To assist you in planning, this guide provides:
- An overview of some important sections of the EPUB 3 specification
- Instructions on applying the specification to your titles for use with VitalSource Bookshelf
- Recommendations for optimal EPUB 3 construction
How to side-load the VitalSource EPUB 3 implementation Guide in Bookshelf for Mac + PC
Download the VitalSource EPUB 3 Implementation Guide
Go to your downloads folder and locate the VitalSource EPUB 3 Implementation Guide.
Drag EPUB 3 Guide to Bookshelf Icon
Drag the downloaded VitalSource EPUB 3 Implementation guide on to the Bookshelf icon in your Dock or on your Desktop.
Using the guide
Once added to Bookshelf, the implementation guide can be located in the Locally Added folder in Bookshelf. To delete the guide, click on the title and press the delete button on your keyboard. Once you confirm you want to delete the guide it will be deleted from your computer.