- Error when opening my book: "This format is no longer supported" (iOS)
- Bell Canada ISP Users - Please connect to a network and try again (iOS)
- Bookshelf Mobile: Viewing your books by Collections
- Creating and Signing In to your Bookshelf Account
- Enabling Vertical Scroll Mode (Instead of Side-to-Side Swiping)
- How to Export or Copy Notes and Highlights
- Downloading textbooks over cellular
- Sign in to Bookshelf
- Download and delete Books
- Using Notes and Highlights
Welcome to Bookshelf for iOS! Getting started is a simple process. To begin you'll want to get your account set up, then download and install Bookshelf to your iOS device.
Create your Bookshelf Account!
If you have not already created an account at the VitalSource Bookstore please go to https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com to start the process. Under the sign in button click on "Create an account"
Pick a Username and Password
Start by entering your email address (this will be your username), then complete the information to create your new Bookshelf account.
Please note: if your school is providing you with your books you may wish to see if they have already set up an account or have an email that they have designated your books to.
Redeem a Code
Once your account is created you'll be taken to Online Bookshelf. If you have a redemption code this is where you'll want to enter it. Please click "Redeem" or "Redeem a code" to enter your code
Once your account is set up you'll want to download and install Bookshelf.
Go to the iTunes App Store
Tap the Download Bookshelf button to be taken to the Bookshelf download page in the iTunes App Store.
Tap the Free button, then tap the Install button. You may be prompted to sign in with your Apple ID.
For Assistance with your Apple ID please visit the My Apple ID Support Page.
Once Bookshelf has been installed on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch, tap on the Bookshelf icon to launch Bookshelf. Sign in with your Bookshelf ID and password.