- Windows: VitalSource Bookshelf 7.2 has stopped working
- "Bookshelf" is not optimized for your Mac
- Printing Exceeded the Permitted Amount
- Where are my books?
- Highlight sync issues
- Windows: Black/Gray content shown instead of text
- Bookshelf Will Not Launch
- You have Reached your Machine Activation Limit
- Windows: Installation failure due to missing MSI file
On April 12th, Apple began notifying customers running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, about apps that have not been updated to use 64-bit processes. 32-bit apps now produce a one-time alert when opened. This notification gives users notice that they are running 32-bit software, which will not be compatible with macOS in the future.
Users running macOS Mojave will need to install Bookshelf 8.
Visit Apple’s Support Page for more information on Apple’s timeline for transitioning macOS X software from 32-bit to 64-bit.