- Error when opening my book: "This format is no longer supported" (iOS)
- Bell Canada ISP Users - Please connect to a network and try again (iOS)
- Bookshelf Mobile: Viewing your books by Collections
- Creating and Signing In to your Bookshelf Account
- Enabling Vertical Scroll Mode (Instead of Side-to-Side Swiping)
- How to Export or Copy Notes and Highlights
- Downloading textbooks over cellular
- Sign in to Bookshelf
- Download and delete Books
- Using Notes and Highlights
Option 1 - Use Bookshelf Online
The first option to resolve this issue is to use Bookshelf Online. Bookshelf Online is VitalSource's Online reader and works with Safari or Chrome on your iOS device.
How to Get Started with Bookshelf Online:
- Open your browser of choice on your iOS device.
- Navigate to https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com.
- Sign in with the email address and password you use with VitalSource.
- Tap the X to dismiss the "Use the Bookshelf iOS app to read offline and more!" banner.
- Tap the cover of your Book to start reading.
Option 2 - Use Google Public DNS
Before you start
Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS, be sure to write down the current server addresses or settings on a piece of paper. It is a good idea that you keep these numbers for backup purposes, in case you need to revert to them at any time.
We also recommend that you print this page if you encounter a problem and need to refer to these instructions.
How to Configure your iOS device to use Google DNS:
Step 1 - Open the Settings app on your device, and tap on the Wi-Fi menu. Find out your Wi-Fi connection from the list of available networks, and tap on the "i" button on the right.
Step 2 - Scroll down until you see the DNS section, and tap on "Configure DNS."
Step 3 - Tap on Manual and then the + Add Server button. Enter 184.108.40.206, then tap + Add Server once again and enter 220.127.116.11.
Step 4 - Open Bookshelf and sign in. After changing your DNS addresses on your iOS device, launch Bookshelf and you will be able to sign in. Tap the cover of your book to download it to your device.
Reverting to Bell's DNS addresses:
Should you wish to go back to Bell's DNS addresses, please do the following:
Open the Settings app on your device, and tap on the Wi-Fi menu.
Find out your Wi-Fi connection from the list of available networks, and tap on the "i" button on the right.
Scroll down until you see the DNS section, and tap on "Configure DNS."
- Tap on Automatic