- Bookshelf for Android: Library Updates
- How To Manually Remove Bookshelf's Data and Bookshelf from your Android Device
- Sideloading EPUBs to Bookshelf for Android
- Bell Canada ISP Users - Please connect to a network and try again (Android)
- Using Bookshelf's Read Aloud Feature
- Resolve App Installation Errors In The Google Play Store
Bell Canada ISP Users - Please connect to a network and try again (Android)
Option 1 - Use Bookshelf Online
The first option to resolve this issue is to use Bookshelf Online. Bookshelf Online is VitalSource's Online reader and works with Safari or Chrome on your Android device.
How to Get Started with Bookshelf Online:
- Open your browser of choice on your Android device.
- Navigate to https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com.
- Sign in with the email address and password you use with VitalSource.
- Tap the X to dismiss the "Use the Bookshelf Android app to read offline and more!" banner.
- Tap the cover of your Book to start reading.
Option 2 - Use Google Public DNS
Before you start
Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS, be sure to write down the current server addresses or settings on a piece of paper. It is a good idea that you keep these numbers for backup purposes, in case you need to revert to them at any time.
We also recommend that you print this page if you encounter a problem and need to refer to these instructions.
How to Configure your Android device to use Google DNS:
Step 1 - Open the Settings on your device, and tap on Connections. Tap on WiFi, then tap and HOLD on the WiFi network you are currently connected to, the option "Manage network settings" should appear, tap on that option.
Step 2 - Scroll down and tap on "Advanced Settings."
Step 3 - Locate "IP settings" [by default "DHCP" will be selected] and tap on DHCP*. Select "Static" Locate the DNS field [an IP Address may already be listed there. Delete the one on there and replace it with 22.214.171.124 to the list and click OK (if there is an option for IP Address DNS 2, then add 126.96.36.199 as well)
Step 4 - Open Bookshelf and sign in. After changing your DNS addresses on your Android device, launch Bookshelf and you will be able to sign in. Tap the cover of your book to download it to your device.