- Install Bookshelf 9 for Windows 10 without Microsoft Store Access
- How do I remove all downloaded books from Bookshelf 9 (Mac/Windows)
- Bell Canada ISP Users: The Internet connection appears to be offline (macOS)
- Bookshelf for Mac + PC: Viewing your books by Collections
- Bookshelf for Windows: Creating a Bookshelf MSI Installer
- Where are my books?
- Downloading your eTextbook
Option 1 - Use Bookshelf Online
The first option to resolve this issue is to use Bookshelf Online. Bookshelf Online is VitalSource's Online reader and works with Safari, Firefox, or Chrome on your Mac.
How to Get Started with Bookshelf Online:
- Open your browser of choice on your Mac.
- Navigate to https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com.
- Sign in with the email address and password you use with VitalSource.
- Click the cover of your Book to start reading.
Option 2 - Use Google Public DNS
Before you start
Before you change your DNS settings to use Google Public DNS, be sure to write down the current server addresses or settings on a piece of paper. It is a good idea that you keep these numbers for backup purposes, in case you need to revert to them at any time.
We also recommend that you print this page if you encounter a problem and need to refer to these instructions.
How to Configure your Mac to use Google DNS:
Step 1 - Open the System Preferences on your Mac, and Click on Network.
Step 2 - If you are using Wi-fi to connect to the internet, click on Wi-Fi in the Network window. Otherwise, click on Ethernet. Then click on the Advanced button on the right side of the window.
Step 3 - Click on the DNS tab in the Network window. Click on the + button on the bottom left side of the window and enter 18.104.22.168. Click the + button once again and add 22.214.171.124. Then click the OK button and close the System Preferences.
Step 4 - After changing your DNS addresses on your Mac, launch Bookshelf and you will be able to sign in. Double click the cover of your book to download it to your Mac.