- Markup Comes to Bookshelf® by VitalSource
- Supported Amazon Fire Tablets
- Installing Bookshelf On your Android Phone or Tablet
- Bookshelf for Android: Library Updates
- Installing Bookshelf on Chromebook
- Installing Bookshelf on Amazon Kindle Fire
- How To Manually Remove Bookshelf's Data and Bookshelf from your Android Device
- Sideloading EPUBs to Bookshelf for Android
- Using Bookshelf's Read Aloud Feature
- Resolve App Installation Errors In The Google Play Store
Bookshelf for Kindle Fire requires a Kindle Fire (4th Generation) or greater running Fire OS 184.108.40.206 or later.
How do I know what Kindle Fire Tablet I have
To determine the model of your Kindle Fire, slide down the quick menu and tap Settings then tap Device Options.
In the Device Options Screen scroll to the bottom of the screen and locate the Device Model. This section will tell you what Generation of Kindle Fire you have. Amazon labels their generations based on the year they released the device.
For instance, Amazon released the Fire (5th Generation) in 2015.
VitalSource Supported Kindle Fire Tablets
|Kindle Fire / Year||Model Name||Generation|
|Fire HD 6 (2014)||KFARWI||4th Generation|
|Fire HD 7 (2014)||KFASWI||4th Generation|
|Fire HDX 8.9 WAN (2014)||KFSAWA||4th Generation|
|Fire HDX 8.9 (2014)||KFSAWI||4th Generation|
|Fire HD 10 (2015)||KFTBWI||5th Generation|
|Fire HD 8 (2015)||KFMEWI||5th Generation|
|Fire (2015)||KFFOWI||5th Generation|
|Fire HD 8 (2016)||KFGIWI||6th Generation|
|Fire 7 (2017)||KFAUWI||7th Generation|
|Fire HD 10 (2017)||KFSUWI||7th Generation|
|Fire HD 8 (2017)||KFDOWI||7th Generation|
|Fire HD 8 (2018)||KFKAWI||8th Generation|
|Fire 7 (2019)||KFMUWI||9th Generation|
|Fire HD 10 (2019)||KFMAWI||9th Generation|
|Fire HD 8 (2020)||KFONWI||10th Generation|
|Fire HD Plus 8 (2020)||KFONWI||10th Generation|