In order to guide student learning, and improve learning outcomes, learning data must be actionable.
As students engage with Acrobatiq's Learn by Doing activities, they produce a rich data stream on the learning process. This data is generated and captured by the Acrobatiq analytics engine to support data modeling and yield actionable insights for instructors via the Learning Dashboard
With Acrobatiq's Learning Dashboard instructors can:
- Reveal what students do/do not learn
- Quantify how well students have learned each learning objective
- Identify consequential patterns in students’ learning behaviors
- Provide targeted support to struggling students
- Measure effectiveness of instructional design and identify underperforming content
- Personalize the learning experience for students
Access the Learning Dashboard through the link in the Profile Menu or My Courses page:
Learning Dashboard Basics
The Learning Dashboard is a collection of inquiry-based cards that presents data about a specific aspect of learning or engagement in an easily accessible way. Instructors can
- View & Filter Cards
- Customize and "Pin" Cards to the dashboard
- Export Card Data
All cards are based on commonly asked questions. To access the full set of data for a particular inquiry, click an inquiry or a card from the left side navigation panel. Hover over the navigation bar on the left to expose the questions.
All cards share terminology which can be reviewed in the Glossary and basic filtering tools.
When you click on an inquiry or its card, a detailed view of the data becomes available. Depending on the kind of data, various manipulations or actions are possible:
- Filter the data based on pertinent parameters, such as population (all or selected students), time, learning objective, location in the course (units and modules), and other parameters.
- Switch between graphical and tabular views of the data.
Within a card, you can select subsets of students to create a custom card for a specific cohort:
All cards contain useful tooltips to assist you in understanding the data. Roll-over any underlined item to see the tooltip.
Customize and "Pin" Cards
The most commonly used data may be pinned to your dashboard in the form of cards that provide a basic overview of the data used to answer the question or views for specific students or cohorts of students, or specific activities or Learning Objectives. To do this:
- Click the left navigation to choose a card.
- Use the Filters on the left of the card to a select the criteria for viewing. Cards can be filtered by Module(s), Learning Objective(s), and/or student(s)
- Click Add card to dashboard in the bottom-right corner of the card.
The filtered view is now a saved card on your Dashboard. Select the card from the left navigation again and save with a different filter for quick access.
Create as many unique cards as you like, and add a new card any time.
After creating a new card or making modifications, be sure to click the blue Save Changes button in the bottom-right corner of the card.
Export Card Data
At the top right of every card, there is an icon that allows you to change the view to table format. In table view, you may export the data by printing, creating a PDF, creating a CSV-format spreadsheet, or copying the data to your clipboard so that you can paste it into an existing document or email.