Two types of cards are available on the Learning Dashboard: learning cards and activity cards.
Learning cards provide data on how well students are doing (as a group or individually) with specific objectives and activities. The questions on these cards center more on student performance--as expressed through their Learning Estimate--than on the students' level of engagement with the course.
Activity cards provide participation data. The questions on these cards focus on students' level of participation with their courseware.
There are six Learning Cards, each answering a specific question:
- How well are my students learning? Compares student Learning Estimates on learning objectives to the amount of available practice a student has completed.
- How well are my students self-assessing? Shows student confidence level compared to their Learning Estimate. Confidence level is based on student self-assessment in Before You Continue activities. Learning Estimate is based on student performance in course activities. If students have added any questions to the Before You Continue activity, these will also be displayed. This card is only available in courses with Before You Continue activities.
- Where in the course are my students having difficulties? Shows student work by module and relates that to accuracy, activity completion, pages viewed, and time spent.
- Which objectives are my students having difficulty with? Shows student Learning Estimates and formative activity completion for each learning objective. View this information for all or select students, and drill into each learning objective to see individual student data.
- Which students are having difficulties? Compares student Learning Estimates to the amount of formative activities a student has completed. This view can be filtered by learning objective(s), module(s), and population (students).
- Which activities are my students having difficulty with? Shows the percent of students who have attempted an activity at least once and their rate of first attempt accuracy on the questions in the activity. The activities view can be filtered by population (students), module(s) and activity purpose (practice and/or assessments).
There are three Activity Cards, each answering a specific question:
- Where have my students spent their time? Shows student work by module and relates that to accuracy, activity completion, pages viewed, and time spent.
- How often are students visiting the course? Shows how often students are logging in as well as number of page views and average session length.
- How much work have my students done? Shows student work by module and relates that to accuracy, activity completion, pages viewed, and time spent.