View Student Work (VSW) gives you the ability to see students' answers on formative or summative exercises as well as their progress through the course. In this mode, instructors view the course from an individual student's perspective, but they cannot complete or change any of the student's work. In this mode, instructors can also delete or reset student work on a checkpoint or quiz.
Note: Instructions to Exit View Student Work Mode are found at the bottom of this page.
You can access View Student Work mode in two ways:
1. Select View Student Work from the menu on the My Courses page:
2. Select View Student Work in the drop-down menu at the top right of any Acrobatiq course page:
Student Work Roster
Either option will navigate to the student roster for the course. On this page you can:
- View work done by a student by clicking View Student Work
- Change the number of entries on the page by using the Show option in the upper-left corner
- Use the Previous and Next page menu in the lower-right corner to navigate between pages
- View a student’s dashboard by clicking View Dashboard
- Start an email to a student by click the student’s email address.
View Student Work Mode
Note: When have entered View Student Work mode, the icon will appear in the upper-right corner of the page:
Clicking View Student Work for a specific student on the roster page will open a new window with that student's version of the table of contents. In the Table of Contents, you will see the student's name at the top left of the page. You can expand the Table of Contents to review specific items within modules, or you can navigate into the course content to review work on specific pages or assignments.
Note: When Student Work mode is enabled, you will not see tools such as Course Settings, Learning Dashboard, or Gradebook. To access these tools, Exit View Student Work mode as explained below.
Assignment Review (an alternate way to access View Student Work mode)
You can navigate directly to a student's assignment from the Gradebook:
- Locate the student and score in the Gradebook.
- Click on the score to open the Details window.
- Choose View Student Work.
On the Viewing Student page you can:
- See the number of attempts the student made
- See when a student started and completed a particular attempt
- See the student's scores
- Review an attempt
- Change the score for an attempt
- Delete an attempt
When reviewing a student’s attempt you will also see which answers the student selected for each question.
Note: View Student Work mode allows instructors to see not only the work completed but also how students completed it. Reviewing how students answered questions can help you identify areas where students may need help.
Exit View Student Work
If the icon appears at the top of any page, View Student Work mode is engaged. Exit View Student Work mode by clicking the icon in the menu bar and then selecting Exit Student View:
Video: View Student Work