Print on Demand (POD)
Note: Not all digital textbooks will be available for a print edition!
- A book that is a Print on Demand is a softcover title, usually printed on thinner paper than the paper in a traditional printed textbook offered through the publisher.
- They are not printed until ordered from the student.
- Print on Demand books are a separate purchase from the ebook purchase and have associated tax and shipping costs. Orders are only processed for US residence.
- Students are allowed to purchase only one copy for personal use.
- Since each book is print to order, NO RETURNS/REFUNDS ARE ACCEPTED.
How do you order Print on Demand (POD) books?
- There will be a Print On Demand link in the Online Bookshelf.
- Once you have chosen the Print On Demand book of your choice, you will then get a separate e-commerce window to complete order.
- PODs cannot be purchased using Financial aid.
- Supported institutions for VitalSource Support:
- Western Governor's University
- Indiana Wesleyan
- Texas A&M University, San Antonio
- American Career College (West Coast University)
- Ultimate Medical Academy
- National University
- Bryant and Stratton (Pearson books only)
- Columbia Southern University
Turn around times after ordering a Print on Demand (POD) book(s):
- It can take 1-2 business days for the order to processed.
- Orders placed Monday-Friday before 4 PM Central time are processed on the next business day.
- Orders placed after 4 PM Central time, on weekends, or a holiday take an additional day to process.
- After processing a POD order, it will take three business days to complete the printing.
- You choose your preferred shipping method. Shipping times are:
Basic: 5-14 business days
Ground: 2-6 days
2nd Day Air: 2 days
Overnight: 1 day
- Shipping times are for AFTER order is processed and printed; the overnight shipping option occurs after 1-5 business days.
- Note: Basic shipping does not include tracking, VitalSource will not be able to re-process a lost order until ten business days after the book has left the POD facility.
- No shipping outside of the United States.
If you have any further questions, please contact our 24/7 support team:
By email: email@example.com
- In the US/Canada, please call: 1-855-200-4146
- In the UK, please call: +44 800 802 1506
- In Australia please call: +61 8 7111 3343