Downloading your eTextbook
VitalSource eTextbooks can be purchased from the VitalSource Store or through one of our partners. If given a Redemption code, you will need to activate it before you can download your book.
- You can download VitalSource eTextbooks to your computer.
- The file size of an eTextBook can range from a few MB to 1GB, depending on the book size, book type, and contents of the eTextbook.
- Once you have successfully downloaded the eTextbook, you do not need to be connected to the internet to view it again.
- Speeds for downloading a VitalSource eTextbook will vary based on the book size and internet connection.
Please Note: Downloading your book from the server requires an active internet connection. All provided digital material through VitalSource is in a DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected format, which our publishers require. To protect the copyright, we are not allowed to distribute digital textbooks as PDFs or downloadable files. A Bookshelf application is needed to view content.
How to download your eTextbook:
- Open Bookshelf.
- Once the application is open, you will see your Library View, where you will see your eTextBook(s) cover or covers.
- Within the computer applications, any eTextBook that has the "Download Book" option will need downloading to your device for view.
- Within the mobile applications, any eTextBook that does not have a green checkmark in the upper-right of the book cover will need downloading to your device for view.
- Click "Download Book" to add it to the download queue.
- Once the eTextBook is on your device, you will then receive an option to "Open Book."
To cancel downloading an eTextBook:
- While a book is downloading, it will show a progress circle with a square in the middle of that circle.
- Click the square if you wish to stop the download. You will get a message asking if you would like to "Cancel Download."
- If you cancel the download, nothing will be on your device.
To remove a downloaded eTextBook:
- Select the Book Information icon to the right of the eTextBook cover; within the Book Information, there is an option to remove the book from the device.