Downloading your eTextbook
PLEASE NOTE: Downloading your book from the server requires an active internet connection. All provided digital material through VitalSource is in a DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected format, which is required by our publishers. To protect the copyright, we are not allowed to distribute digital textbooks as PDFs or downloadable files. A Bookshelf application is needed to view content.
You can download VitalSource eTextbooks to your computer. The file size of a textbook can range from a few MB to 1GB depending on the book size, book type, and contents of the eTextbook. Once you have successfully downloaded the eTextbook, you do not need to be connected to the internet to view it again. Speeds for downloading a VitalSource eTextbook will vary based on the book size and internet connection.
VitalSource eTextbooks can be purchased from the VitalSource Store or through one of our partners. If given a Redemption code, you will need to activate it before you can download your book.
How to download your eTextbook:
Update your eTextBook Library:
- First, you will need to download the appropriate application for your device to your device.
- Upon launching Bookshelf, Bookshelf will check to see if there have been any changes to your Bookshelf Library.
- If there are any changes, Bookshelf will ask if you would like to Update your Booklist.
- Press the "Update Now" button to update your Booklist.
Downloading your Book:
- Open Bookshelf.
- Once the application is open, you will see your Home View, where you will see an eTextBook cover or covers.
- Any eTextBook that has the "Download Book" option will need downloading to your device for view.
- Click "Download Book" to add it to the download queue.
- Once the eTextBook is on your device, you will then receive an option to "Open Book."
To cancel downloading an eTextBook:
- While a book is downloading, it will show a progress circle with a square in the middle of that circle.
- Click the square if you wish to stop the download. You will get a message asking if you would like to "Cancel Download."
- If you cancel the download, nothing will be on your device.
To remove a downloaded eTextBook:
- Select the Book Information icon to the right of the eTextBook cover or upper right of the cover itself, depending on the view. Within the Book Information, there is an option to remove the book from the device.