- Windows: VitalSource Bookshelf 7.2 has stopped working
- "Bookshelf" is not optimized for your Mac
- Printing Exceeded the Permitted Amount
- Where are my books?
- Highlight sync issues
- Windows: Black/Gray content shown instead of text
- Bookshelf Will Not Launch
- You have Reached your Machine Activation Limit
- Windows: Installation failure due to missing MSI file
In Windows Why Am I Getting the "VitalSource Bookshelf 7.2 has stopped working" Error?
This error occurs right after opening Bookshelf.
- Uninstall VitalSource Bookshelf from the Add/Remove programs.
- Restart the computer.
- Reinstall VitalSource Bookshelf.
- After installation is complete, restart the computer a second time BEFORE opening bookshelf.
- If the error persists after the steps above, please contact our Customer Support.
If you get a Bookshelf 6.2 error please update your Bookshelf application to the newest version. This stop working error is a generic Windows message thrown out when Bookshelf (or any program) stops responding; there can easily be over two dozen things that can cause this error.
Some of the reasons this issue may appear are:
- The My Books folder in the local Documents permission not set correctly. (common in company work computers)
- The Shared Books folder in the Public Documents permissions is not configured correctly. (common in company work computers)
- The local Documents folder is mapped to a Network drive. (common in company work computers)
- 3rd Party Security Software is blocking VitalSource Bookshelf from running.
- The application may need Administrative rights for it to run (common in company work computers)
- VitalSource Bookshelf.exe must be installed in the Local Disk Drive > Program Files (x86) folder.
- The computer does not have the most recent Microsoft Updates installed.
- Missing or corrupted Microsoft C++ component.
- Corruption with Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 or above. (not applicable with Windows 10)
- A corrupted eBook.
- You are maximizing the size of a window onto a high-resolution secondary display.
- There are others, so if the error persists after the steps above, please contact our Customer Support.