- Bookshelf 9 for Windows Keyboard Commands
- Bookshelf for Android: Installing Bookshelf On your Android Phone or Tablet
- Bookshelf for Chromebook: Installing Bookshelf on Chromebook
- Bookshelf for Kindles: Installing Bookshelf on Amazon Kindle Fire
- Bookshelf for Kindles: Supported Amazon Fire Tablets
- Download Bookshelf
- Downloading Bookshelf App for K-12 Integrated Schools
- Editing Your Account Profile
- eTextBooks Ancillary / Resource Material
- Exporting Highlights and Notes
- View All Articles
What is DRM (Digital Rights Management), and why is it necessary?
VitalSource licenses learning materials from textbook publishers and authors, and our licensing agreement requires us to place limitations on copy and paste, device downloads, and printing digital learning materials. These access controls are called Digital Rights Management, or DRM.
Bookshelf allows users to copy and paste, print, and download their eBooks using our native applications for offline usage. The amount of text a user can copy and paste, print, and if you can use the native apps depends on serval factors. The Publisher of the textbook, how the user acquired their book, and the license terms for the eTextbook determine how many features are available.