You may need to make certain changes or corrections to courses that have already been published and might even have students enrolled. These changes are made on the maintenance server and pushed to the live server in a separate maintenance process. This module includes information about staging, reviewing, and scheduling maintenance updates, which are called "batches."
Adding Permissions for Use of the Maintenance Tool
To use the maintenance tool, users must have Manager permissions on the maintenance server for the projects in which they will be working, or they must have a role that includes “Publish."
Note: The meaning of “Publish” on the maintenance server refers to the permission for working with maintenance updates.
Some other notes:
1. Customer Admins: Check under Teams to verify role or add a user to the team.
2. “Publish” is included by default in the Manager role, allowing managers to stage, review, and approve.
3. Only Customer Admins can schedule maintenance updates.
4. Roles can be customized.
The Batching Process
There are four steps to preparing a maintenance update:
2. Define and stage the maintenance batch.
3. Review the maintenance batch.
4. Schedule the maintenance batch.