How To Redeem A VitalSource Access Code purchased at a Bookstore Point of Sale (POS)
Depending on your course, you may be able to buy digital materials at your college’s bookstore. To find a VitalSource eBook or courseware in the bookstore, locate VitalSource Digital Access Card for your course title. Take the card to the cashier to complete your purchase.
Keep your receipt. The receipt has essential information detailing how to find your VitalSource Access Code.
What is a VitalSource Access Code?
A VitalSource Access Code is a code you redeem in Bookshelf to access your materials. You can find the link to your VitalSource Access Code on your receipt from the bookstore.
What does a VitalSource Access Code look like?
It is a 20-digit alphanumeric code. If your code isn’t alphanumeric or less than 20 characters, it will be a Publisher Access Code or a code for another vendor.
Where will I find my VitalSource Access Code?
At the bottom of your receipt, you will find the link to your VitalSource Access Code and the instructions to activate your content. If you can’t find your VitalSource Access Code on your receipt or a prbs.io URL, contact VitalSource Support and attach a full, edge-to-edge picture of your receipt.
To activate your content:
- Locate the prbs.io URL on the bottom of your receipt:
- Visit http://prbs.io/XXXXXX to obtain your code.
- Copy your redemption code and go to https://bookshelf.vitalsource.com
- Log In or create a new VitalSource account.
- Once logged in, click on Tools > Redeem Code located in Bookshelf Menu.
- After entering your access code, your book will appear in your library.
Important: If you receive a browser error that your connection is not private while attempting to access your VitalSource Access Code. Please edit the URL you are visiting and make sure you are using http:// and not https://. You may need to temporarily disable extension like HTTPS everywhere to obtain your access code.
How do I redeem my VitalSource Access Code?
2. Click on the Tools icon and select Redeem Code.
3. Enter your VitalSource Access Code into the box, and then click the blue Redeem button.
4. After a quick refresh, your eBook will be in your library.
Click on your Book’s cover to open it and begin reading.
How do I redeem my Publisher Access Code?
1. Click the Reveal Access Code button next to the title. Then click the Continue button in the lower-right of the slide-out, and then click the Reveal Access Code button.
If you do not see a Reveal Access Code button next to your courseware packet. Open the digital Access Code Card and click on the notification pop-up that says, "This item contains an access code. Click here to reveal."
2. Copy the Courseware Access Code. Please read and follow the instructions included with your access code. Publishers may have different instructions for their product. Keep in mind; you can only redeem the Publisher Access Code at the publisher’s website.
If you have problems redeeming your Publisher Access Code, please contact the publisher:
- Cengage MindTap/WebAssign/Brian/Sam/iLrn
- Cengage Unlimited
- McGraw Hill Connect/LearnSmart/Aleks/SmartBook
- Pearson MyLab/Mastering/Revel
VitalSource only provides access to the Publisher Access Code. We can’t troubleshoot access to the publisher’s platform.
If you run into issues or have any questions about the process, contact VitalSource Support, and we will be happy to help!