Hand-in assignments allow students to electronically hand in an assignment to an instructor for grading. Smart Author does not automatically grade hand-in activities.
Create a New Hand-In Assignment
Use hand-in assignments when students need to submit an item for grading.
To create a new hand-in assignment:
1. Click on Assessments.
2. Select Hand-in Assignments.
Add the Hand-In Assignment
1. Click + New Hand-in Assignment.
2. Click Hand-in.
3. Add Title.
4. Click Add.
1. Attach/Add a learning objective to the assignment.
2. Click Add Content/Question and describe assignment.
3. Select Hand-in Details from these options:
Enter text information is for a short bit of text from the student. It should not be used for students to submit an entire paper.
Upload files allows students to attach a document that is less than 100 MB.
Supply a Valid URL to student work allows students to submit a Web link to their blog, video, or other online asset.
4. Click Select a Rubric. (See Rubrics for directions on creating a rubric.)
5. Enter Immediate feedback. This section is displayed immediately after a student submits work for grading.
Note: See Link to Assessment: Standalone Activities for directions on how to add a hand-in assignment to a page.