- The Videos Will Not Play in My eTextBook(s)
- What to do if you are missing an eBook
- Why have I not received my Email Verification email?
- Bookshelf Support for macOS, iOS, and iPad OS betas
- Configuring Your Firewall For Use With VitalSource
- My book is reading in a different language or with a strange accent and not English.
- Gray/Black Screen Issues with Bookshelf 7.6.X and Windows 7&8 Computers
- Windows Bookshelf Application Installation or Upgrade Errors
- Errors When Accessing My Account or Book(s)
- Windows: VitalSource Bookshelf 7.2 has stopped working
Why will my eTextBook videos not play?
eTextBooks will not always include videos, occasionally videos are only offered with Courseware versions of an eTextBook.
There are multiple ways that VitalSource's partnering publishers include content for eTextBooks that previously, with hardcopy (paper) versions of textbooks, would have been included from a secondary platform, such as a DVD.
- "Baked in"
- You will be able to watch the included video within the eTextBook
- An External Site:
- Videos will be linked to a publisher's direct website through a link within the eTextBook. This requires an active Internet connection
There are occasions you will only see a reference within an eTextBook on the VitalSource Bookshelf platform.
- Looking in the Preface of the eTextBook there will be a reference to a publisher's Courseware site:
- Pearson titles will show reference to My(the subject)Lab or REVEL for example
- Searching for the print ISB for the title on the publisher's site
- If there is a reference for this eTextBook on the publisher's site that references Courseware it is unlikely our partnering publisher intended for this version of their title to include a video and that is why you only see a reference to the video.
Errors are seen when attempting to play the video.
- Clear the cache of if attempting to play through a browser.
- Try a different browser.
- Attempt to play through one of our downloadable Bookshelf applications
- If you were trying to play through the Bookshelf application, try to view through the online access of Bookshelf
- If there is a link for the video and you are getting an error, right-click on the image and select "copy link location." Open a new browser and paste that URL to see if you can access it from that link. Try another browser.
Still, having issues? Reach out to our Support Team.
Please note: if you right-click on the video reference and you are unable to get an action other than to copy the text you see on the page, the video is not included with the version of the eTextBook that is in your Bookshelf Library.