- How to Redeem a VitalSource Redemption Code
- How to access your eTextbook after you finish a course
- Making and Sharing Notes and Highlights
- Book Menu - Scrubber Bar
- What is Lifetime Access?
- Where is my Subscription?
- Update Account Information
- Change Languages
- Review Mode for Bookshelf Online
- Resetting your Password
How to access your eTextbook after you finish a course
VitalSource makes it easy to access your VitalSource content through your institution's Learning Management System (LMS) while enrolled in the class. The steps below will help you access the content when the course ends.
You have several options for accessing your eTextbook.
- Viewing your eTextbooks through a browser with Bookshelf Online
- Download your eTextbooks to your Mac + PC
- Download your eTextbooks to your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Android Smartphone + tablet, and Kindle Fire.
Completing a VitalSource User account
Before your course ends, you will want to complete your VitalSource account so you can use Bookshelf in a Browser, on your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It is important to do these steps before your course ends.
How To Complete Your Account:
- Click on the link to your VitalSource Content in your LMS. You will be taken to a VitalSource Screen asking you to sign in, create an account, or skip this step.
- If you already have a VitalSource account, enter your Email address and password used for VitalSource. Otherwise, click on Create an Account and fill out the registration form in full, use, and an email address and password you will remember.
- Now registered with VitalSource, you can access your course materials outside of your school's LMS.
Using Bookshelf to read your eTextbooks
- With the email address and password that you used to complete your account, you can sign in to Bookshelf Online at https://www.vitalsource.com.
- Install Bookshelf on a supported computer, smartphone, or tablet by visiting www.vitalsource.com/download.
- After installing Bookshelf, open Bookshelf, and sign in with your email and password. After you download your eTextbooks, you will not need to be online to read your eTextbooks.
If your course already expired or should you need help along the way, please contact support.