- Bookshelf by VitalSource version 7.6.6 Mandatory Update
- Bookshelf 9 for Windows Keyboard Commands
- Install Bookshelf on Windows 10 computers without Microsoft Store Access
- How do I remove all downloaded books from Bookshelf 9 (Mac/Windows)
- Bookshelf for Windows: Creating a Bookshelf MSI Installer
- Where are my books?
- Downloading your eTextbook
Bookshelf 7.6.6 Mandatory Update
On October 27th, VitalSource will require all Windows Customers running Bookshelf 7.6 to upgrade to Bookshelf 7.6.6.
Why are we doing this?
As of November 1st, 2020, VitalSource will no longer support TLS 1.0/1.1 and will need to migrate older versions of the Bookshelf Windows App (7.6.4 and 7.6.5) as they use this service. Any users of this service will no longer be able to access after this date.
What users will need to upgrade?
This update will affect users on older versions of the Windows Desktop app who have not upgraded to Bookshelf version 7.6.6 or 9.3.
How do I upgrade?
Beginning October 27th, users will be prompted to upgrade their app. Users can update to the following:
- Bookshelf 9.3 if you are on Windows 10.16299 or higher and have access to the Microsoft Store.
- If a user is on Windows 10, but access to the Store is blocked, they can sideload the Windows app following the instructions found on Support.
- All other users can upgrade to 7.6.6 for Windows 7&8 operating systems.
When is this happening?
The forced update will begin on Tuesday, October 27th. Bookshelf Windows 7.6.4 and 7.6.5, which utilize TLS 1.0/1.1, will no longer be supported beginning November 1st.
For more information, please visit: https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/en-us/articles/224530608-Where-are-my-books-