- 401 Error - Duplicate nonce to one already received (Status 401 - Message_Key:invalid_signature)
- 401 Error - Invalid oauth consumer key
- 401 Error - HMAC-SH256 (D2L)
- 401 Error - Timestamp Expired
- 400 Error - Invalid Scope (Canvas)
- 401 Error - Unable to recover BusinessCenter context/"Uh Oh, your Launch was Unsuccessful"
- 401 Error - Missing user_id field/Unauthenticated User
- 470 Error - Redemption failed
- 401 Error - Invalid Signature
- 404 Error - Not found
- View All Articles
401 Error - HMAC-SH256 (D2L)
Error Code Cause
Users will see this error when they click a link to view a VitalSource eBook inside their LMS, but an Incorrect OAuth Signature method was used during the initial configuration.
Student / Faculty
- Please reach out to your instructor and inform them of the error so they may reach out to the team that configured the link inside your institution's LMS.
- Update the LTI Tool in the LMS to use the OAuth Signature method: "HMAC-SHA1"
- If you received notice of the error, test the link to see if the publisher enabled rights to the title.