- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Beta Features
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Bookmarking
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Citation
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Features
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Flashcards
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Margin Notes
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook More Options
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Notetaking
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Page Navigation
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Printing
- View All Articles
Note: Currently accessible to only select users, to be fully released by Aug. 2021.
Can I have the eTextBook read aloud to me?
Bookshelf Online has a Read Aloud function that is located in the More Options section of the eTextBook.
How do I have the eTextBook read aloud to me?
Once you have opened up the Read Aloud function through the More Options section of the eTextBook, you can have the book read aloud to you under the default settings by using the play icon as shown below. Once you have selected the play icon, you will see the text being read aloud in yellow, and the play icon will become a pause icon.
How do I use the Read Aloud functions?
The following is the Read Aloud menu; it includes the following functions, Settings, Skip Back, Play/Pause, Skip Forward, and Close.
|Settings||Skip Back||Play/Pause||Skip Forward||Close|
|Change the Reading Speed, the voice of the Narrator, and read alternative text.||Skip back to "replay" a section of the text, or go back to a section that was not read aloud.||Play or Pause the text being read aloud.||Skip forward to skip text not needing to hear read aloud to text that you are wanting to be read aloud.||Closes the Read Aloud function.|
How do I use the options in Settings?
Reading Speed can be changed on a sliding scale, you can select the "-" or "+" icons to slow or speed up the reading speed of the narrator or use the icon that allows you to manipulate the sliding scale control of the Reading Speed.