- QR Code Single Sign In with Bookshelf Mobile Apps!
- Bookshelf Online eTextBook Beta Features
- Bookshelf eTextBook Printing
- Bookshelf eTextBook Read Aloud
- Bookshelf eTextBook Citation
- Bookshelf eTextBook Flashcards
- Bookshelf eTextBook Note-taking
- Bookshelf eTextBook Margin Notes
- Bookshelf eTextBook More Options
- Bookshelf eTextBook Workbook
- View All Articles
Can I have the eTextBook read aloud to me?
Bookshelf has a Read Aloud function is located in the More Options section of the eTextBook.
How do I have the eTextBook read aloud to me?
Once you have opened up the Read Aloud function through the More Options section of the eTextBook, you can have the book read aloud under the default settings by using the play icon as shown below. Once you have selected the play icon, you will see the text being read aloud in yellow, and the play icon will become a pause icon.
How do I use the Read Aloud functions?
The following is the Read Aloud menu; it includes the following functions, Settings, Skip Back, Play/Pause, Skip Forward, and Close.
|Settings||Skip Back||Play/Pause||Skip Forward||Close|
|Change the Reading Speed, the voice of the Narrator, and read alternative text.||Skip back to "replay" a section of the text, or go back to a section that was not read aloud.||Play or Pause the text being read aloud.||Skip forward to skip text, not needing to hear read aloud to text that you want to be read aloud.||Closes the Read Aloud function.|
How do I use the options in Settings?
Reading Speed can be changed on a sliding scale; you can select the "-" or "+" icons to slow or speed up the reading speed of the narrator or use the icon that allows you to manipulate the sliding scale to control the Reading Speed.