- Download Bookshelf
- eTextBooks Ancillary / Resource Material
- Exporting Highlights and Notes
- How to Access eResource/Courseware
- Supplemental Materials (Courseware Access Codes, Interactive Content, Lab Access, Etc.)
- Video - Getting Started with Bookshelf
- What is DRM (Digital Rights Management), and why is it necessary?
- Where are the figures in my eTextBook?
How do I capture/save highlights and notes outside of Bookshelf?
Within the Workbook section of Bookshelf, there is an Export option. Export will create a printable or downloadable copy of your highlights and notes.
Use the Workbook icon to open the Workbook. First, make sure you are on the Annotations tab of that window, then you will select the Export icon.
When you select the Export icon, you will get a popup window for printing, containing all the highlights and notes you have created for the eTextBook you are currently viewing.
The highlighted text will be on the top with the note you created, in bold letters, on the bottom of each highlight box.
Due to the way highlights exports are created, it is helpful to have each highlight you use named for the chapter, subject, exam, act you are creating the highlight to assist you.
Note: previous versions of Bookshelf used Microsoft One Note integration, VitalSource is no longer incorporating that integration.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance by contacting our Support Team.