Placing a Bulk Order via Purchase Order (PO)
Placing a Bulk order via Purchase Order (PO)
If you do not have a credit card or are looking to make a tax-exempt bulk purchase, you will need to place an order using a Purchase Order. If you are not an existing Purchase Order customer, you must follow the steps under the New account setup section for customers using a Purchase Order before placing an order.
New account setup for customers using a Purchase Order
You will need to complete our account setup process if you are a new customer; the process may take up to 10-15 business days.
- Access and complete the New Customer - Account Information form and please include proof of tax exemption or resale certificate (only needs to be completed once) for customers located in the following states to avoid being charged sales tax: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DC, HI, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, NE, NJ, NM, NC, OH, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY.
- Once you have completed and submitted the Account Information form, VitalSource will begin the customer account setup steps. Please note that the process may take up to 10-15 business days.
- VitalSource will send you a VitalSource Bulk Orders Purchase Agreement via DocuSign for your signature. Please sign the agreement. You will receive a countersigned agreement.
- VitalSource will confirm via email that we have completed the customer setup process.
- Once you receive that email, you can begin placing your Purchase Order request by following the steps under, How do I use the Bulk Store for placing a PO request?
The Bulk Order Team's goal is to address why you reached out as quickly as possible; we cannot promise an immediate response. Email volume will impact our ability to follow up with you quickly during our business's high-traffic moments. Please note, the VitalSource Customer Support Team will not be able to assist you with Purchase Orders due to not having access to that system.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I use the Bulk Store for placing a PO request?
- To place your order, navigate to the US Bulk Order Store for International customers please see here.
- Search for the required digital content by author, title, or ISBN of the item(s).
- Once you've selected your item(s), duration and quantity, Add to Cart to proceed to check-out.
- After reviewing your order summary and accepting VitalSource's Terms of Purchase, you will now see the option to 'Send Purchase Order Request.'
- You will be prompted to Sign In to your VitalSource Bookshelf account to proceed with your request. If you are not already an existing Bookshelf user, click the link for Create an account, and follow the steps to create your Bookshelf account.
- Please provide your Purchase Order Number and your full company name and click "Complete PO Request."
- Upon completing your PO request, you will receive an email confirmation containing an itemized list of purchase(s) and information regarding access to your redemption codes.
- Your students can use the following article to help them activate their VitalSource eTextbook(s): How to Redeem a VitalSource Redemption Code.
Please note that your order may take up to 2-3 business days to process fully. After that, VitalSource will send an email with the confirmation containing the redemption codes to the email associated with the order submission. These codes can only be redeemed using the VitalSource Bookshelf platform.
If you have questions, please visit the VitalSource Bulk Store Support Site or contact email@example.com for further assistance. Please note, the VitalSource Customer Support Team will not be able to assist you with Purchase Orders due to not having access to that system.