- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Read Aloud
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Flashcards
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Note-taking
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook More Options
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Workbook
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Reader Preferences
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Bookmarking
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Reader Highlighter Preferences
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Reader Display Preferences
- Bookshelf Application for iOS eTextBook Search
- View All Articles
Bookshelf for iOS' Library is getting a new look!
For ease of use, we have the most recent title now more prominently displayed. Previously, this would have been the first book in your bookshelf, but it wasn’t explicitly called out. We added this feature to help our users easily jump back into their reading without any distractions. We provide more information below on the info and search icons next to the book.
Your book card has a lot more information than you’d think.
We have been adding more and more information to the book card over the years, and as a result, we ran out of space on the card.
Now, we have a new book hover that allows you to find out more information about your title quickly.
- Tap the “i” icon to find out book details including ISBN, citation information, and badges for notes, highlights, and flashcards.
My Books Carousel
Placing all books into a carousel helps to declutter the library allowing for the most recent books to be prominently featured while putting those older unused titles easily out of sight, but always available. To see some of your older titles swipe to scroll through your top 5 books. To view, all of your books, tap View All Titles. Can’t find it? Bookshelf's search will help you locate titles quickly and easily.
Simplified Library and Content Search
Previously, searching had to be done in two different places depending on if you wanted to search for a book or a term within a book's content. We condensed them for ease of use.
We moved the library search to the search icon and combined it with the content search. To complete a content search, tap 'Search downloaded content.'
Drill into your content results by the book or use the swimlane at the top of the panel to browse results by title. From the panel, the functionality has not changed. You can click on the corresponding sentence and navigate to that location in the book.
Filter settings and Collections
For those with a lot of books in their account, having to use two different menus to filter items properly was a challenge. So, we’ve updated and moved these features into your My Books screen.
On the All Books screen, you can scroll through all of your books in a simplified grid view in a grid view. Should you prefer to view your books in a list view, you can also do that on this panel. Collections are now prominently featured in a swimlane across the top.
New Onboarding Cards
Click the ‘What's New' on the My Library screen to view helpful tips and tricks.