- What to do if you are missing an eBook
- Why have I not received my Email Verification email?
- Bookshelf Support for macOS, iOS, and iPad OS betas
- Configuring Your Firewall For Use With VitalSource
- My book is reading in a different language or with a strange accent and not English.
- Gray/Black Screen Issues with Bookshelf 7.6.X and Windows 7&8 Computers
- Windows Bookshelf Application Installation or Upgrade Errors
- Errors When Accessing My Account or Book(s)
- Windows: VitalSource Bookshelf 7.2 has stopped working
- "Bookshelf" is not optimized for your Mac
What to do if you are missing an eBook
Make sure you signed in with the right account and are using the most current version of Bookshelf on your device. If you still don't see your missing book, learn what to do.
Before you begin
- If using an installed app to read your eBook, make sure that you have the latest version of Bookshelf for your computer or mobile device.
- Sign in with the email address that you used to purchase or download the item initially.
- If you know you have multiple accounts with VitalSource, contact VitalSource Support and we will merge them for you.
If you don't see the book that you want to read:
- Did you sign in with the correct email address? If not, sign out of Bookshelf and sign in with the correct email address and password. Reset your password if you do not remember what you used.
- Did you remember to redeem your VitalSource redemption code?
- Did your access expire? Install and sign in to Bookshelf for your computer or mobile device to see if your Online or Offline access expired.
- If you are missing a Publisher Access Code, please contact VitalSource Support for help.
If this was a purchase from the VitalSource Store:
- Check your purchase history to make sure that you purchased the book with the email address that you signed in with. If not, sign in with a different email address. If you’re not sure what email address you used, we can help.
- For eBook purchases, you receive one year of Online access and lifetime access through our installed version of Bookshelf.
- For eBook rentals, Bookshelf will automatically remove your access to your eBook when your rental ends.
If this was a purchase from a bookstore (either the physical store or the online bookstore):
- Double-check with the bookstore that VitalSource needs to fulfill the order.
- Does your receipt have a link to prbs.io at the bottom? Here's how to redeem your eBook.
- Did you receive an email after your purchase with an activation link? Follow these steps to read your book.
- You may need to update your library to see your eBook.
If your school provisions your book through your Student Portal:
- If you had access to your book earlier in the semester in Bookshelf but no longer have access, go back to your class page in your student portal and once again click the link to access your book.
- Please let us know if you are unable to find your book after going back and accessing your book through your class page in your student portal or if you no longer can access your class page.
If you are an instructor and sampled a title from the Educator's (Sampling) Portal:
- Access to each sampled titled is good for one year. Once your access expires, you may renew your access.
- Titles sampled from the Educator's Portal are online only. If you need offline access, please contact VitalSource Support.
- If you reached your sampling limit for the year or are not receiving the email to complete your sampling request, please contact VitalSource Support for assistance.