About Bulk Ordering with VitalSource
Placing a Bulk Order with VitalSource
Please note before proceeding: If you are outside of the United States, Canada, or Australia, you will want to engage directly with the publisher of the title you are looking to purchase. They will make their content available on the VitalSource platform, and we can deliver it, in various ways, to your faculty and students.
We do not provide quotes; all of our publisher-set pricing can be found on https://bulk-store.vitalsource.com/. There you can search by title, author, and ISBN for the book you need. All prices vary depending on the rental duration needed.
Instructors, Schools, Institutions, Parents, and Friends can purchase VitalSource eTextbooks individually or in bulk with a credit card or a Purchase Order.
Students will activate their VitalSource eTextbooks via redemption code and can view their eTextbooks with VitalSource Bookshelf.
Placing a bulk order via Credit Card
If you would like to make a bulk order, please visit https://bulk-store.vitalsource.com/ and do the following.
- Search for the title you wish to purchase
- Choose the duration of access for the eTextbook, enter the number of codes you want to buy, and add them to your cart. Please note: there is a limit on how many copies one can purchase from the Bulk store. Choosing 76 or more quantities greys out the “Add to Cart” button and is an indication you need to order through the Purchase Order option described below. Redemption Codes cannot be shared or transferred.
- Repeat as required for any additional eTextbook purchases
- Click on the Proceed to Checkout button when your order is complete.
- Verify your purchase, accept the Terms and Conditions of buying from the Bulk Orders Store, and click the Begin Checkout Button to purchase your eTextbooks*.
- Sign in to your VitalSource account, enter a valid credit card number, and complete your purchase.
- Once your order is complete, you will receive an Excel (.xls) spreadsheet containing your redemption codes. You will also receive a link to instructions your students can use to activate their VitalSource eTextbook(s).
Note: If you have issues with the Bulk Order Store that is not a Purchase Order (PO), you can reach out to the Support Team for assistance. All Purchase Oder (PO) issues must reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Placing a bulk order via Purchase Order
If you do not have a credit card or are looking to make a tax-exempt bulk purchase, you will need to place an order using a Purchase Order. If you are not an existing Purchase Order customer, you will need to follow the steps under the New account setup section for customers using a Purchase Order before placing an order.
We can accept purchase orders through the VitalSource bulk Storefront. You will have full access to our complete store inventory, including all available editions, pricing, and duration options. This is another way to make it easier for you to get the course materials you need in the quickest, most efficient way possible.
New account setup for customers using a Purchase Order
If you are a new customer, you will need to complete our account setup process.
- Download, review, and sign the VitalSource Bulk Orders Purchase Agreement. This document only needs to be completed once.
- Download and complete the New Customer - Account Information form.
- Once you sign the Agreement and complete the Account Information form, submit both forms (and your tax-exempt form if applicable) to email@example.com.
- VitalSource will begin the customer account setup steps. This process may take up to 5-7 business days.
- VitalSource will confirm we completed the customer setup process. (VitalSource will send a copy of the countersigned Agreement upon request.)
- Once you receive that email, you can begin placing your Purchase Order request. (See the steps below for Placing a bulk order via Purchase Order.)
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I use the Bulk Store for placing a PO request?
- To place your order, navigate to http://bulk-store.vitalsource.com/ and search for the required digital content by author, title, or ISBN of the item(s).
- Once you’ve selected your item(s), duration and quantity, Add to Cart to proceed to check-out.
- After reviewing your order summary and accepting VitalSource’s Terms of Purchase, you will now see the option to ‘Send Purchase Order Request.’
- To move forward with your request, you will be prompted to Sign In to your VitalSource Bookshelf account. If you are not already an existing Bookshelf user, click the link for Create an account, and follow the steps to create your Bookshelf account.
- Please provide your Purchase Order Number along with your full company name and click “Complete PO Request.”
- Upon completion of your PO request, you will receive an email confirmation containing an itemized list of purchase(s) in addition to information regarding access to your redemption codes.
Please note that your order may take up to 2-3 business days to process fully. VitalSource will send an email with the above-mentioned confirmation containing the redemption codes to the email associated with the order submission. These codes can only be redeemed using the VitalSource Bookshelf platform.
If you have any questions, please visit the VitalSource Bulk Store Support Site or reach out to email@example.com for further assistance.
International Bulk Orders via Credit Card
Canadian customers can place a Bulk Order on the Canadian Bulk Order storefront at https://bulk-store.vitalsource.com/en-ca/. You can also place an order on the US Bulk Order Storefront. Any orders placed in the US Bulk Storefront will be in US Dollars.
Australian customers can place a Bulk Order on the Australian Bulk Order storefront at https://bulk-store.vitalsource.com/en-au/.
If you are outside of the United States, Canada, or Australia, you will want to engage directly with the publisher of the title you are looking to purchase. They will make their content available on the VitalSource platform, and we can deliver it, in various ways, to your faculty and students.
International Bulk Purchase Orders
If you are outside of the United States, you will want to engage directly with the publisher of the title you are looking to purchase. They will make their content available on the VitalSource platform, and we can deliver it, in various ways, to your faculty and students.
On orders placed through the Bulk Order storefront
At this time, we are unable to process orders placed through the Bulk Order Store without sales tax. We also cannot refund sales tax on orders placed through the Bulk Order storefront.
If you are tax-exempt, you must place your bulk order via a Purchase Order request.
On orders placed with a Purchase Order
Please include proof of tax exemption or resale certificate (only needs to be completed once) for customers located in the following states to avoid being charged sales tax: AL, AZ, CO, CT, DC, HI, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, NE, NJ, NM, NC, OH, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, WA, WI, WY.
For Bulk eTextbook Purchases
You may request an immediate refund of your initial purchase of any redemption codes purchased through the VitalSource Bulk Purchase Store within 30 days of code creation. VitalSource will only refund unused redemption codes.
If you placed your Bulk Order via Credit Card, log in to your Bookshelf account, navigate to the Account Center, and select Purchases (https://myaccount.vitalsource.com/#/transactions. For any purchase eligible for a Refund, click the Refund button to activate the refund process.
If you placed your Bulk Order via Purchase Order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund, and include the applicable non-redeemed codes.
Return Policy for Specific Trade Publishers:
For specific Trade publishers, you may request a refund of your initial purchase of any redemption codes purchased through the VitalSource Bulk Purchase Store. VitalSource will only refund unused redemption codes. The following are the publisher’s refund policy on Bulk Purchase codes.
- Penguin Random House– Refund request must occur within seven days of the code creation date.
- HarperCollins– Refund request must occur within two days of the code creation date
- HarperCollins Christian- Refund request must occur within two days of the code creation date.
- Hachette Digital- Refund request must occur within three days of the code creation date
Note: Sharing or transferring Redemption Codes violates the VitalsourceTerms and Conditions of Use and a copyright infringement against the book's authors and publisher. Violations of this nature can result in a Bookshelf account suspension, therefore disabling access to the eTextBook(s).