How to Create an Account
To create an account from the Bookshelf platform, go to bookshelf.vitalsource.com.
Creating an account with your Email Address
- Provide your role. Are you an instructor, or a student, if you do not identify as either you can choose "other."
- Provide your name, email, and security details.
Creating an account with your Google or Apple ID
- Select your social login opiton and the account you would like to log in with
- Once your authenticated a few more questions may appear now
- Select your role: (Student, Instructor, Other)
- Provide some additional details regarding your institution.
You are now logged in to your VitalSource account and can choose to redeem a code or browse the VitalSource Store. You will be prompted to select your "role" if you create an account from the Bookshelf platform and then go to the eCommerce store, see below regarding "roles."
To create an account from our eCommerce platform, go to vitalsource.com. Select Login and then Create An Account
- You are given three options for your "role."
- I am an instructor - You must be a valid university or institution instructor with a valid university or institution email. One of our partnering publishers will need to verify your request for Sampling from our Educator's Sampling Portal. We do have articles centered around Faculty Resources.
- I am a student
- Provide your name and email.
- Create a password.
Or sign in with your social login account as instructed above.
You are now logged in to your VitalSource account and can choose to redeem a code or browse the VitalSource Store.