- 401 Error - Duplicate nonce to one already received (Status 401 - Message_Key:invalid_signature)
- 401 Error - Invalid oauth consumer key
- 401 Error - HMAC-SH256 (D2L)
- 401 Error - Timestamp Expired
- 400 Error - Invalid Scope (Canvas)
- 401 Error - Unable to recover BusinessCenter context/"Uh Oh, your Launch was Unsuccessful"
- 401 Error - Missing user_id field/Unauthenticated User
- 470 Error - Redemption failed
- 401 Error - Invalid Signature
- 404 Error - Not found
- View All Articles
401 Error - Invalid oauth consumer key
Error Code Cause
Users will see this error when the Key/Secret was incorrectly entered, it contains leading or trailing space in the External Tool entry or the configuration for the External tool is a Link instead of an External Tool.
Student / Faculty
- Please reach out to your instructor and inform them of the error so they may reach out to the team that configured the link inside your institution's LMS.
- Use the link in the For More Help section below to submit a support request to VitalSource for assistance. Would you please provide your School Name, LMS, Course, Section, Name of the Book you attempted to access, and a screenshot of the error?
- Check the key/secret was entered correctly.
- Have the LMS admin or Instructor remove the link and add a fully configured External Tool instead.
For more help
To report this issue to VitalSource, please do the following:
- Submit a request using the VitalSource Error Support Form.
- In the error code drop down, enter the title of this Article.
- Fill out all of the fields and include a copy of the error message you received. Please provide a screenshot of the error, the time stamp on the error code will help us troubleshoot the issue.
VitalSource Support will follow up with you after we resolve the issue or additional steps to troubleshoot.
Please note that reaching out to VitalSource Support outside of the webform may cause delays in resolving the error code.