- 401 Error - Duplicate nonce to one already received (Status 401 - Message_Key:invalid_signature)
- 401 Error - Invalid oauth consumer key
- 401 Error - HMAC-SH256 (D2L)
- 401 Error - Timestamp Expired
- 400 Error - Invalid Scope (Canvas)
- 401 Error - Unable to recover BusinessCenter context/"Uh Oh, your Launch was Unsuccessful"
- 401 Error - Missing user_id field/Unauthenticated User
- 470 Error - Redemption failed
- 401 Error - Invalid Signature
- 404 Error - Not found
- View All Articles
400 Error - Invalid Scope (Canvas)
Error Code Cause
LMS Admins and Instructors will see this error when the LMS integration system user does not have the required scopes added or the LMS Sync config settings aren’t properly configured with VitalSource.
To fix this issue, the LMS Administrator must add all required scopes for the API integration. If you properly configured the required scopes, please follow the steps in the For more help section below to contact Support for assistance.
For more help
To report this issue to VitalSource, please do the following:
- Submit a request using the VitalSource Error Support Form.
- In the error code drop down, enter the title of this Article.
- Fill out all of the fields and include a copy of the error message you received. Please provide a screenshot of the error, the time stamp on the error code will help us troubleshoot the issue.
VitalSource Support will follow up with you after we resolve the issue or additional steps to troubleshoot.
Please note that reaching out to VitalSource Support outside of the webform may cause delays in resolving the error code.