- Bookshelf Support for macOS, iOS, and iPad OS betas
- Configuring Your Firewall For Use With VitalSource
- My book is reading in a different language or with a strange accent and not English.
- Gray/Black Screen Issues with Bookshelf 7.6.X and Windows 7&8 Computers
- Windows Bookshelf Application Installation or Upgrade Errors
- Errors When Accessing My Account or Book(s)
- Windows: VitalSource Bookshelf 7.2 has stopped working
- "Bookshelf" is not optimized for your Mac
- Printing Exceeded the Permitted Amount
- Bookshelf for PC - Invalid Signature or Corrupt Installer Error Message
2019 Apple Betas and Bookshelf Support
VitalSource is a long-time member of Apple's Developer Program. For now, we recommend not using macOS 10.15 or any other Apple beta with Bookshelf, due to the number of known operating system issues it contains.
From our experience with previous OS updates, we feel safe to say that these betas are unstable and buggy, as beta software should be. They are buggy, crash-prone, and they do lose data. Whereas in recent years, it was pretty safe to install preview versions early on, this year that’s not the case.
Due to the state of the betas, there is no guarantee that the VitalSource Bookshelf program will work properly. Our developers are working through the bugs, new software requirements (e.g., App notarization), and updates to within the betas and anticipate having functional versions of Bookshelf ready for their release dates.
VitalSource cannot support the latest betas from Apple, and we recommend that you revert to an official production release of the operating system for Bookshelf to function correctly. If you have any questions or need assistance with the Apple operating system, please contact Apple support.